Mill & Engine House
The original mill was used to grind corn, to the modern-day. The Mill has seen several stages of technological development over time as the Castle has embraced plumbing and electrical advancements. In 1880, a fire destroyed all machinery except the water mill, but in 1894, Daisy Greville took it upon herself to spearhead the introduction of electricity into the castle from The Mill, giving it a new purpose once more.
Following a £2 million restoration project in 2002, we were able to open it to the public for the first time, ushering in a new generation of technological minds to assess the machinery of the past.