A unique overnight family break – Mediaeval Glamping comes to Warwick Castle in Summer 2013!
Explore the Castle and then head off back to your own private, fully set-up, ready-to-sleep Bell Tent. We are a small, exclusive site featuring 35 Bell Tents within the private Warwick Castle estate. Our Glamp-site is a fully, secure, 24-hours manned site offering you and your family a unique overnight experience.
What is Mediaeval Glamping?
Glamping stands for 'glamorous camping' and is for people who want to combine the fun and freedom of camping but with a touch of luxury! Glamping offers wholesome family fun complemented by the exciting & historic surroundings of Warwick Castle
Mediaeval Glamping is normal Glamping but with our Warwick Castle twist! Fully set-up, ready-to-sleep Mediaeval Bell Tents along with evening entertainment, priority entrance and a host of other great guest benefits!
Mediaeval Glamping is available at Warwick Castle between Saturday 20th July to Sunday 1st September inclusive
If you are a Youth Group and interested in Camping packages in 2014 please call 01162 778 998
Included in the price:
- Overnight family accommodation in one of our 35 Bell Tents
- 2-day Family ticket for entrance to Warwick Castle
- Free 2-day car parking
- Priority entrance to the Castle each day
- Evening Mediaeval Entertainment with Free Have-a-go Archery, Jesters School and Knights School
- Breakfast – choice of either Continental or Traditional cooked Breakfasts
- 20% discount for Warwick Annual Pass or Merlin Annual Pass Holders
- Evening BBQ Buffet available at an additional £10 adult; £5 child
For your trip
What we provide
- Carpeted, waterproof Bell Tent with built-in ground-sheet
- Airbed mattresses for all sleepers
- Sheepskin throws for a bit of extra warmth
- Battery-powered lighting
- Single sleeping bags (and liners) available to buy
- Communal Pamper Tents including mobile phone charging points, power points, hairdryers and a partitioned dressing area
- Communal Games Tents including a selection of modern and classic family games!
- Communal toilet and shower facilities including toilet paper & hand-wash
What to bring
- Sleeping bags (or you could simply buy one of ours for £10)
- Torches – we provide battery lighting for each Tent however please feel free to bring additional lights (only battery or solar-powered torches and reading lights though - no paraffin, oil lamps or open flames please)
- Towels – you’ll need these for the shower. The communal showers are fully heated and our Pamper Tents have power points, mirrors, hairdryers and a partitioned dressing area
- Wet weather clothing and wellies (just in case!)
The nice to haves:
- Duvets and/or pillows
- Slippers - if you want to leave your shoes at the door
- Teddy bears or anything else that helps you sleep at night!
Food & Drink
Breakfast is included and is a choice of either Continental or cooked Traditional. Vegetarian option also available
- For an evening meal, there will also be a BBQ Buffet available at an additional £10 adult; £5 child. Served in the Glamp-site area between 5.30pm-7.30pm, exclusively for our overnight sleepers - view the menu.
Please call 0871 663 1676 to book.
- We will also be providing a Gas BBQ for evening meal self-cooking although please note, there is no refrigeration facilities available
Evening Mediaeval Entertainment with Free Have-a-go Archery, Knights School and Jesters School.
Are the Bell Tents and the Glamp-site in the Castle?
The Glamp-site itself is situated in a secluded area of managed woodland space within the Warwick Castle grounds, at the foot of the Pageant Field, approximately 5-minutes walk from the Castle, to give you the peace and tranquillity of a night of Mediaeval Glamping!
Can we go into the Castle at night?
The Castle will close at 6pm each evening at which point guests are then free to relax within the Glamp-site to enjoy a well deserved rest
Do you allow dogs?
No, I’m afraid we do not allow dogs, or any other pets on site. Due to the nature of the site, this unfortunately also includes guide dogs
I have a Warwick Annual Pass or a Merlin Annual Pass – can I pay for just a Tent without the Castle tickets?
Unfortunately not, we offer a 20% discount for all Warwick Annual Pass and Merlin Annual Passholders off the package price
Can we go off-site to eat or to the pub?
Of course. Warwick Town is approximately 5-minute walk and is home to lots of pubs and restaurants
Is the site secure at night?
Yes, the Glamp-site and the Castle will have on-site 24-hour Glamp-site Manager as well as on-site 24-hour Security
Is the site secure in the day?
Yes and as above, the Glamp-site and the Castle will have on-site 24-hour Glamp-site Manager as well as on-site 24-hour Security
Can I stay for more than 1 night?
Of course, simply book additional nights through our dedicated Sales Team on 0871 663 1676... although remember we are now sold out for 2013, so options are now limited.
Can you accommodate Disabled guests?
Of course, although the Glamp-site is in an area of woodland within the Castle grounds
Can I book tickets for same night accommodation?
Of course, bookings can be made for accommodation the same night simply by calling our dedicated Sales Team on 0871 663 1676
Can I bring infants?
Sure, the Bell Tents can accommodate infants and toddlers. Bottle/food warming facilities are available in the Pamper tents and are open for 24hours for night feeds
Do you supply cots?
Yes, with a small deposit, although we will have limited availability
Is there electricity?
Yes, the Glamp-site is fully lit at night and the Pamper Tents include mobile phone charging points and power points
Is there a restaurant on-site?
For an evening meal, there will also be a BBQ Buffet available at an additional £10 adult; £5 child. Served in the Glamp-site area, between 5.30pm-7.30pm exclusively for our overnight sleepers
We will also be providing a Gas BBQ for evening meal self-cooking although please note, there is no refrigeration facilities available
Can I bring my own BBQ?
Due to the woodland nature of our site, BBQ’s (including disposable BBQ’s) are not permitted. Feel free however to bring your own food and cook on the Gas BBQ provided - please note however there is no refrigeration facilities available
Can we build a fire outside out Bell Tent?
Unfortunately not. As the Glamp-site is housed within a woodland area we are unable to have open fires, paraffin or oil lamps
How far away is the car park?
The secure car park is a short 2-minute walk from the Glamp-site
What is the nearest mainline Train Station?
The nearest Train Station is Warwick Station, a short 15-minute walk from the Castle
What time can I check-in?
Check-in is 4pm on the day of arrival; guests are invited to leave their car within dedicated Glamp-site parking bays within our secure and manned car park
What time is check-out?
Check-out is 11am on the day of departure; however guests are more than welcome to leave their car within the dedicated Glamp-site parking bays within our secure and manned car park
Do you allow tents and camping?
Unfortunately not. In order for us to make sure all our guests experience the full tranquillity and uniqueness of Mediaeval Glamping at Warwick Castle, accommodation is limited to the 35 exclusive Glamping Tents
What is the Amendments and Cancellation policy?
If, for any reason, you would like to amend your booking after it has been confirmed, we will do our best to assist you. If you wish to amend your booking and provide us with less than 7 days notice, then cancellation charges as detailed below will apply.
If, for any reason, you have to cancel your stay you should contact our dedicated Sales Team immediately on 0871 663 1676. The reasons for any such cancellation will be considered sympathetically and, if requested by you, we will attempt to offer you a stay on an alternative date.
If you do not want to stay at another time and wish to cancel a booking the following charges will apply:
- More than 7 days before arrival date; £25.00 administration fee (for cancellations only).
- From 7 days to 1 day before arrival date; 50% of total cost as stated on the reservation confirmation
- Arrival date or non-arrival date; 100% of total cost as stated on the reservation confirmation
Is there wi-fi access?
Unfortunately not, although the Castle & Glamp-site has excellent mobile phone reception through-out the site
Can I speak to someone if I have any more questions?
Sure, simply by calling our dedicated Sales Team on 0871 663 1676 who will be only too happy to help.
Your behaviour should not be excessive or rowdy, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and could lead to eviction from Warwick Castle. You must show consideration for your neighbours and other guests. Please treat accommodation and facilities with respect and care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. We reserve the right to recover from you any compensation we may pay to other guests as a result of your action, or any damage caused to Castle property.
If you feel dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay with us, please speak to the Glamp-site Manager on-site. In most cases we will be able to help immediately so you can enjoy the rest of your stay
The information contained on our website is believed to be correct as of April 2013. However, we are unable to accept responsibility for any errors in, omissions from, or changes in information within this brochure and reserve the right to amend any part of it if such alterations are thought to be necessary. In particular, we reserve the right to change the prices without prior notice provided that such changes are notified to you prior to your stay. The photographs reproduced within this brochure are intended to give a general impression of Mediaeval Glamping at Warwick Castle and what you may expect from your stay. We will attempt to ensure that as many shows and attractions as possible are open for use during your stay at Warwick Castle. However, all shows, entertainment and attractions offered are subject to availability and Warwick Castle reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw any of its services, whether due to operational, technical, weather or other reasons without prior notification
Warwick Castle is a non-smoking venue, there are however designated smoking points across the park
How to book...
Glamping Packages are now SOLD OUT for 2013, we're thrilled by the response.
If you've already booked then we hope you'll have a great time - make sure you email us your stories and pictures (or post them online with the #warwickglamping hash tag), we'd love to see them.
Don't worry if you didn't manage to book for this year, we're busy working on 2014 packages. Be sure to register your interest below and we'll let you know when they are available...